Saturday, November 05, 2005

Running On Empty

As if I didn’t hate runners enough, there were 9 billion of them swarming up Sixth Ave this morning in some kind of pre-marathon orgy and I couldn’t cross the street to get coffee. Why would anyone get up at 7 am on a Saturday to go running when one could be home sleeping off a hangover like a normal person? The only reason *I* was up at 7 am on a Saturday is because I haven’t figured out how to fake my own death and had to come into work. Now all the runners are out front walking around in their shiny satin shorts drinking Gatorade and acting all “Dude, I’m so PUMPED.” Grrr. Go eat pasta with the rest of your freak friends.

Have I mentioned I hate marathons?

***
Q. When is speakerphone use okay, assuming you’re not the President or Donald Trump?

A. The correct answer is: never!

No comments: