Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Muggers, Buggers and Thieves

WARNING: This is neither funny nor interesting, which explains why I haven’t written lately. Read it at your peril.

***
I’m listening to the Red Sox game, and apparently the temp at Fenway is 54 degrees. That's just wrong.

It’s like 237 degrees here, thank god.

Anyway, American Justice today was about the Louise Woodward trial, aka the Killer Nanny, which I remember fondly from my Boston glory days of the late ‘90s when Hanson and the Spice Girls ruled the airwaves. Besides my youth and the Last Drop, I also miss all the awesome Boston true crime stories. If I had any technical aptitude I would start a Boston Crime web site. The fact there isn’t one already is baffling.

My List of Cool Boston Crime Stories:

The other nanny (Zanzibar, torso, dumpster)
Chuck Stuart (the gold standard)
The Cat Lady (cat carcasses, freezer)
Dr. Sharpe (cross-dressing dermatologist)
Dr. Dirk Greineder (Wellesley wife-killer)
The shooting at the Charlestown 99
The Gardner Museum heist

New York needs to get on the ball if I’m going to stay here. Sure, it had the Preppie Killer, Amy Fisher and Son of Sam, but the most recent of those was in 1992. Let’s step it up, people.

***
I’m reading the Inferno, in honor of the balmy weather and stench of grease trap permeating the city, and it’s hard to say in which level of Hell I will be residing when the time comes. It could be Circle III: Gluttons, Circle IV: Hoarders and Wasters, or Circle V for the Wrathful and Sullen. I’ll probably just have to make my rounds in a little cart.

Complaint of the day:

Can someone please tell me why iced coffee costs more than regular coffee? You’re getting LESS COFFEE, so why does it cost more? Don’t even try to tell me it’s because of the ice. How much does ice cost? Last time I checked, ice was frozen water and not frozen emeralds. Don’t tell me it’s because the energy needed to keep the ice frozen costs money, because what about the energy to keep hot coffee HOT?! Huh?? There is no rational explanation other than it’s a plot by The Man to keep me down.

No comments: