Wednesday, April 20, 2005

New York State of Mind


View from the ESB Posted by Hello

I’m sooo depressed tonight… it’s a beautiful, 80 degree spring night and I should be drinking a margarita outside somewhere with my friends... but I don’t have any. So, so much for that. Also my entire apartment building smells like cabbage.

(Who even cooks cabbage anymore? It’s not like it’s 1930s Romania and there’s nothing else to eat. Order Chinese for chrissakes.)

Thank God I have MLB Extra Innings and a 12-pack of Amstel or I would be curled up on the floor in the fetal position.

Speaking of fetal, today was Baby Ella’s first trip to NYC and she was not very impressed with it. She’s not a subway girl, which I can appreciate. I think by screaming from 86th St to Chambers she was making a statement that the trains are dirty and there are too many homeless people on them. Perhaps she should meet with Mayor Bloomberg.

***

To further illustrate how pathetic I am, for dinner I'm having French bread pizza instead of steak and I’m watching “Naked Science: The Bermuda Triangle” on the National Geographic Channel. I am a walking “Sex and the City” episode.

***

Addendum:

Just watched "Pretty in Pink" on TBS. A few points:

- I know I am old now that I identify more with Annie Potts more than Molly Ringwald

- James Spader as Steff is hot in a Preppie Killer sort of way

- Andrew McCarthy was 46 when he made this movie

- Having to choose between Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy as to who is the worse actor is akin to having to choose which limb you'd like hacked off first

- Jon Cryer is annoying

- I miss the '80s

No comments: