Monday, April 26, 2010

MY New York, Bitches

Every Sunday the Post interviews a celeb about his or her favorite spots in New York. A few weeks ago they interviewed Peggy Olsen from Mad Men and I was VERY excited to learn that she goes to the knitting store in my neighborhood, which means that Don Draper and I are practically dating.

Anyway, since the Post has been dragging its feet about contacting me, I took the liberty of making my own map.



1. Rudy’s Bar and Grill
9th Ave. & 44th St.

They have free hot dogs and cheap pitchers. There’s a fiberglass pig out front. The last time I was there, I met a guy with his name (Franklin) tattooed on his arm. What more do you need? Stop reading and go there now.

2. The Hairy Monk

3rd Ave & 25th St.

This is where I watched the Red Sox win the World Series in 2004 and it’s still my favorite Red Sox bar. There's a strong possibility I appeared on Japanese TV here during the 2007 playoffs.

3. Two Little Red Hens bakery

2nd Ave. & 86th St.

The best cupcakes in town. (And chocolate chip cookies.)

4. Cowgirl

Hudson St. b/n Charles & 10th

Excellent margaritas, although they are a little too strong for a certain someone I know.

5. Bistro Les Amis

Thompson St. & Spring St.

My FAVORITE restaurant in the city.

6. Riverside Park


Central Park is infested with tourists, demon children on scooters and annoying Upper West Siders. I wouldn’t be caught dead there in the summer (unlike Jennifer Levin). Instead, I recommend Riverside Park. While you have to deal with many shirtless, rollerblading geriatrics, it’s right on the water and you can pretend you’re on the Cape. Also, it has the Boat Basin CafĂ© which is super fun.

7. Lenny’s

Columbus Ave. & 84th St.

What can I say. Lenny’s owns me.

No comments: